"The greatest development is achieved during the first years of life, and therefore it is then that the greatest care should be taken. If this is done, then the child does not become a burden; he will reveal himself as the greatest marvel of nature." -Maria Montessori
Toddler Program (ages 2 – 3 years)
The Sunrise programs follow a typical school year calendar, beginning in late August and finishing in early June.
- Child must be 2 years by September 1st
- We offer two classes in the Bonsai Room: Monday, Wednesday Friday OR Tuesday, Thursday
- Toddlers attend from 9:00 to 12:00
- There are typically 10 children in each class
- A trained Montessori teacher is supported by a trained assistant
- Potty training is not required
- No before or after school childcare is available for toddlers
Throughout the year we will practice social skills and conversational language, strengthen fine motor skills to get ready for printing, expand gross motor abilities, explore the world of science and so much more. The year when your child turns from two to three is a time of immense growth, and a time in which your child is getting ready for the learning that will take place throughout their life.
We are honored to be the ones to partner with you on this journey and are here for support, guidance and to listen to your tools and tricks, as our main goals for your child are to instill a trust with others, a drive for exploration and to form relationships with peers.