Matching personal philosophy and educational goals for your child with the right school is an extremely important decision. To take the first step in getting to know Sunrise Montessori, please read through the following information regarding our application process.
Parents wishing to apply at Sunrise, should contact us in Fall of 2016 for potential enrollment in 2017/18. Our classes for 2016/17 are now full, with waiting lists.
1. Read through the Observation
2. Set an appointment to observe in the classroom without your child. The initial observation is for parents only. You may request an appointment via email by putting your information in the Contact Us page or by calling (707) 253-1105. We typically begin conducting these observations in mid to late October prior to desired enrollment.
3. Complete and return the application with $50 nonrefundable application fee. Applications will be emailed to those families who have come to observe. Applications for the 2017/18 school year will go out in late February/early March.
4. Meet with the Sunrise Directors, Sabine Hirsohn & Janice Tres. After we receive your application and have determined that there is a potential spot for your child, we will contact you to arrange a private meeting with the Directors as well as a group Sunrise Philosophy Meeting. If a spot is not available, you will receive a Waiting List notice within 2 weeks of receipt of your application.
5. Bring your child to visit the classroom. After steps 1 through 4 have been completed, we will schedule a classroom visit for your child. All prospective students will visit the classroom a minimum of 1 to 2 times so that the teachers can meet them and assess their readiness.
Only after all of these steps have been completed and the teachers and administration have determined that the Montessori philosophy is a match for your family and completely suits your child's educational needs, will the application process be complete and the enrollment process begin.
Because we often have waiting lists for all of our programs, it is recommended that parents start the application process by observing during the Fall or Winter of the year prior to their desired enrollment. Please note that we do not keep a "running" waiting list from year to year. Interested parents must reapply each year for the upcoming school year. However, the nonrefundable application fee of $50 is only paid once.
We wish you the best of luck in your decision for your child's educational future.